Recruitment Status: Not Accepting Applications at this time
2021 Testing Information
Application Deadline: February 11, 2021 at 4:00 p.m.
- $65.00 non refundable application fee
- U.S. Citizenship or person meeting the requirements of "citizenship status"
- High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)
- Valid Driver's License
- 21 years of age as of February 11, 2021 and less than 35 years of age at time of final eligibility list is established, unless otherwise exempt
- Valid CPAT and Ladder Climb due at time of application deadline and must be also valid at time of appointment. Considered valid within one (1) year of the application deadline
- Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) EMT-Paramedic license at time of application deadline or meet all requirements listed below under Alternate Requirements.
- Completed or enrolled in a state approved Public Health EMT-Paramedic training course at the time of application deadline
- Must possess an IDPH EMT-Paramedic license by August 31, 2021
- Must submit a copy of an IDPH EMT-Paramedic license to the City of Rolling Meadows Police and Fire Commission no later than 2:00 p.m. on September 8, 2021
- Must hold an IDPH EMT-Paramedic license at the time of employment offer
- Note: Failure to meet any of the items listed in "Alternate Requirements" will result in being permanently removed from eligibility and the list
Candidates must attend the written examination on Saturday, March 13, 2021. Testing will take place at Rolling Meadows High School, 2901 Central Road. Please plan to be available at any tie on this date. Exact times and testing details will be provided at a later time.
In lieu of an in-person orientation, the Rolling Meadows FD has put together an orientation video. View the Orientation Video here: RMFD Orientation Video
For more information and to view the application, visit https://iosolutions.com/product/rolling-meadows-il-firefighter-paramedic-job-application-2/