MC Squared Energy Services, LLC (MC2) is the only vendor endorsed by the City of Rolling Meadows. Any solicitor who comes to your door or calls asking you to switch to a new supplier is not associated with the City of Rolling Meadows' Electrical Aggregation Program, MC2 or ComEd.
Marketers may visit your home or call you with the goal of switching you to a different electricity supplier. Some of these marketers may be aggressive and may misrepresent themselves to you, offering a "utility rebate program" that could result in your electricity supply being priced much higher than the ComEd rate after a short-term "teaser" rate. The Illinois Attorney General recently negociated a $2.65 million settlement with a retail energy marketing company based in part on allegations of aggressive marketing claims.
Here are some simple steps that yo ucan take to avoid becoming a victim of an energy scam:
- Do not give your ComEd bill to anyone at your door.
- Do not tell anyone your ComEd account number at the door or by phone.
- Don't say "yes" to a marketer calling, even if they ask you if this is your name or any other similar question.
- Call the police if you think someone is trying to scam you.
- Do not be pressured. Just shut the door or hang up!
- Place a "No Solicitors Invited" sign on your door.