What if my device fails the inspection?

If your backflow prevention device fails the inspection, it must be either repaired or replaced. In order to replace your backflow prevention device, you are required to apply for a permit from the City’s Community Development Division, located at city hall.

It is the property owner’s responsibility to maintain testing and incur the costs that may come with testing.

Show All Answers

1. Who is “BSI”?
2. Who can test my backflow device(s) and who is responsible to send information to BSI, Inc.?
3. What if my device fails the inspection?
4. How do I get a backflow device removed?
5. What will happen if I do not get my device(s) tested?
6. How often do I need to get my backflow device tested? Who can I contact for more information?