I'm going on vacation. Will the police watch my house?
If you live in Rolling Meadows, you may provide us with your information such as a telephone number where you may be reached, the dates you will be gone, and names of people who have a key to your house who live nearby. In case of an emergency, the Police or Fire Department then has the means to make contact with you or someone you trust to provide information or assistance.

Police and service officers will not go out to your house and conduct premise checks unless there are suspicious circumstances or an emergency. Having a trusted neighbor or relative retrieve mail, maintain the grounds, and check the house is highly recommended.

Show All Answers

1. I received a phone call from someone identifying himself/herself as an IRS agent or US Marshall saying I owe taxes and will be arrested. What do I do?
2. I received a voice mail message telling me I do not get a trial and I have to call the IRS agent back. What do I do?
3. I received a telephone call from a person conducting a survey for the Rolling Meadows Police Department. Is it legitimate?
4. I did send money to the agent (scammer) who said he was from the IRS. What can I do, can I get my money back?
5. I have been scammed. Who do I report this to?
6. Can the scammer who stole my money get caught?
7. I have the phone number the scammer called me from. What do I do?
8. Will caller ID help me for scams?
9. Do you have more information about scams?
10. I'm going on vacation. Will the police watch my house?
11. I have been receiving harassing telephone calls. What can I do?
12. I have received a phone call or text message where a threat was made. What can I do?
13. How can I protect myself from being a victim of identity theft?
14. How do I report gang or drug activity?
15. What can people of the City do to help stop crime?