- Police Department
- Police Officer Lateral Entry
Police Officer Lateral Entry
The Rolling Meadows Police Department is currently accepting applications for the position of:
LATERAL ENTRY POLICE OFFICER
Current contract as of January 1, 2022 starting salary is $72,008 with a top range of $114,557
A LATERAL ENTRY POLICE OFFICER depending on experience can start at a higher step increase.
Applications are no longer being accepted. The Lateral Entry list is posted on the second floor of the Police Department.
The Rolling Meadows Police Department currently has 51 Sworn officers including the Chief of Police.
City of Rolling Meadows Population:
U.S. Citizen or legal alien (Must be able to produce evidence of intent to become a citizen of the United States and have the appropriate visas authorizing work).
- Must possess a valid Driver's License.
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a police officer and successful completion of probationary period.
- 21 Years of age at the time of application deadline and less than 40 years of age at the time of appointment, UNLESS otherwise exempt by statute.
- Vision correctable to 20/40 and free of color blindness.
High School Diploma or its equivalent PLUS one of the following:
- Completion of 60 credit hours from an accredited college or university (Original, official transcripts due at the application deadline). OR
- Attainment of an Associate's Degree from an accredited college or university (Original, official transcripts due at the application deadline).
As of May 2, 2005, all persons accepting employment with the City of Rolling Meadows Police Department must agree that they will not smoke, chew, or use any tobacco product(s) on duty during the entire tenure of their employment. If they do smoke, chew, or use any tobacco product(s) while on duty at any time during the entire tenure of employment, they will be subject to dismissal for cause.
Lateral Entry Testing Process
Applicants must pass the testing procedure which includes but not limited to:
- Application Background investigation
- Oral interview
- Polygraph test
- Psychological test
- Written Exercise.
- Physical Exam & Drug Screen
Upon a conditional offer of employment, a complete physical examination and drug screen will be required.
To Apply for the position of LATERAL ENTRY POLICE OFFICER: Click here
If you have ANY questions about the Lateral Entry Police Officer process please email Commander Mike Spanos at SpanosM@cityrm.org
Please send the completed application and a resume with your qualifications to Commander Mike Spanos at SpanosM@cityrm.org