City Hall Community Development Finance Department Fire Department Police Department Public Works


Police Department
3600 Kirchoff Road
Rolling Meadows, Illinois 60008
"Around the Clock Non-Emergency Service"
(847) 255-2416


Chief of Police
Contact Info
Animal Control
About RMPD
Crime Prevention
Crime Free Multi-Housing
Automated Enforcement
General Inquiries

Welcome to Rolling Meadows.

Things to know about Rolling Meadows:

A curfew for residents less than 17 years of age is enforced by the city. Minors may not be in any public assembly, building, place, street or highway after curfew unless accompanied by a parent or other responsible adult approved by the parent. An exception is made for minors who are employed during curfew hours.

The curfew extends from 12:00 a.m. until 6:00 a.m. Saturday and Sunday; 11:00 p.m. until 6:00 a.m. Monday through Friday.

Garage Sales:
Garage Sales do not require a permit. Signs advertising this type of sale may be placed on the public right-of-way. Prior to doing this, contact Building & Zoning Department at 847-506-6030.

Lawn Sprinkling
Lawn sprinkling is prohibited between 12:00 noon and 6:00 p.m., every day, from May 15th through September 15th. The need for adequate water pressure and water conservation makes this restriction necessary. Violation of this ordinance may result in a fine.

We Can't Help You if We Can't Find You!
Please post address numbers clearly on your house or mailbox. Every second counts during a fire, medical or police emergency. Valuable time can be lost if your address number is not clearly posted where emergency personnel can see it.

  • Post your address number in a well lit area at the front door of your house so as to be visible from the street.
  • If you have a curbside mailbox, place numbers on this as well.
  • Use large 4" or larger plain, block numbers. Script letters are too difficult to read.

Parking is prohibited on any city streets between 2:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m. of any day.
Parking is prohibited on any city streets for eight hours following a snowfall of one or more inches. Parked cars prevent the snow removal crew from doing a thorough job of clearing the streets. Once the snow has stopped falling and the street has been plowed, parking is again legal.  Illegally parked cars may be issued a citation and/or towed at the owner's expense.

Overnight parking
It is unlawful for the driver or owner of any vehicle to park a vehicle on any street between the hours of 2:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m., exceptions can be made by contacting a police supervisor between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday at 847-255-2416.  Written requests for night parking permission will be reviewed by sending correspondence to Deputy Chief Mark Hogan, 3600 Kirchoff Road, Rolling Meadows, IL 60008.  Mediation for night parking citations can be found on at the link below or at the Police Desk during normal business hours

Parking Ticket Mediation Form

Opening Burning
Burning of garbage or other debris is prohibited within the city limits. Outdoor fireplaces are legal to use. Contact Building & Zoning 847-506-6030 and the Fire Department 847-397-3352 for details.

Vehicle Stickers
All vehicles registered to a City of Rolling Meadows address, including automobiles, trucks, motorcycles and mopeds, must have a current city vehicle sticker displayed on the vehicle.
Vehicle stickers may be purchased at City Hall. New residents have 30 days from the date of move-in to obtain a sticker.
Senior citizens age 65 and over, disabled veterans and handicapped citizens may purchase their stickers for a reduced fee.
The city licensing year is from July 1 to June 30 of the following year.
Residents who purchase a new vehicle have 30 days from the date of purchase to obtain a sticker.
Transfer stickers are available at a nominal charge when a newly purchased vehicle is replacing a vehicle with a current city sticker.

Pet Licenses
New residents must obtain pet licenses immediately for all dogs and cats four months of age and older.
Licenses must be obtained before July 1 of each year and expire on June 30 of the following year.
Proof of a current rabies inoculation, which must be valid when license is applied for, is required before a pet license will be issued. Those with unlicensed pets are subject to citation.
Pet owners are reminded that it is unlawful for dogs and cats to run at large. Unrestrained pets may be impounded and a penalty imposed upon the owner or keeper.
Rolling Meadows requires that owners clean up after their pets when the relieve themselves on other people's or public properties.

State law requires motorists to turn headlights on when weather conditions warrant use of windshield wipers.

Auto License Plates
Requirements for obtaining Illinois state license plates depend on in which state the vehicle is currently registered. New residents may obtain specific information from the Secretary of State's office. The toll-free number is 800-252-8980. Or check out the Illinois Secretary of State web page at .

Driver's Licenses
Out-of-state residents have 90 days in which to obtain an Illinois driver's license. A written test, based on the Highway Department's booklet Rules of the Road, as well as a vision test, are required.

Those with a valid out-of-state driver's license are not required to take a road test. The Rules of the Road booklet may be obtained from any of the driver testing stations.

There are four driver testing stations in the area;

  • 1227 E. Golf Road, Schaumburg  map
  • 9038 Golf Road, Niles  map
  • 595 S. State Street, Elgin  map
  • 5041 N. Elston Avenue, Chicago  map

A change of address form is also available on-line:  Change of Address.
Is it possible for me to obtain a copy of my driving record?  Yes 

Call JULIE  48 hours before you dig! 1-800-892-0123.    Its the law!

Homeowners Beware - Check for Valid Identification
If a repair person or service person knocks at your door and you have not made an appointment, you should do any of the following:
-- Ask for identification and inspect it closely.
-- Do not let the individual into your home.
-- Call the appropriate company, e.g.

  • Commonwealth Edison (1-800-EDISON-1),
  • NICOR Gas (1-888-642-6748),
  • Ameritech 1-888-611-4466,
  • MediaOne Cable 1-630-716-2000,
  • City of Rolling Meadows 394-8500,
  • Rolling Meadows Public Works 963-0500,
  • Building & Zoning 506-6030,
  • Police Department 255-2416,
  • Fire Department 397-3352

-- Finally, if there is any doubt at all in your mind, call the Rolling Meadows Police Department at 911. The police will respond to verify the identification of the individual.

Missing Pets... If your pet animal (dog, cat) gets loose or is missing, please call the Police Department at 1-847-255-2416. Animals are held for 3-5 days and then taken to an animal shelter.



Hit Counter

National Homeland Security Knowledgebase - Homeland Security information resources, Homeland Security news, Homeland Security research, Homeland Security technology sectors, Homeland Security marketplace, directories and a collection of links on Homeland Security related topics.